Dear Members and Friends,
The COVID pandemic shows signs of subsiding, but the Bridge feels that the prudent course is to Cancel this year’s Marinette Rendezvous to avoid any risk of potential exposure to our members and guests. If it is safe, we may consider planning a social event/picnic for this fall. Any ideas, please let Rendezvous Chair Leslie Tighe (firstname.lastname@example.org) know.
Also, the Bridge has decided, since the club has been inactive due to COVID, we are freezing everyone’s membership for one year. If you paid a one year membership sometime last year, then your membership would be extended one year. No dues notices will be mailed out this year. If you have any address or email changes, please let our Membership Chair, Nancy Plosker (email@example.com) know so that we can keep you informed in the future.
Thank you and hope to see you all soon.
Great Lakes Marinette Club
Here’s an interesting site I stumbled across recently that documents a 1978 Marinette Restoration:
Looks like he put a lot of time into the boat. I’ll look more at his techniques later and maybe update this.
Anyway, the boat is for sale if anyone is interested. Looks like it still needs some work though.
UPDATE 4/19/21 – SOLD
Excellent Condition, well cared for 32′ Sedan Bridge.
Location: Sandusky, OH
- 318 Chryslers (approximately 600 hours)
- Air Conditioner – Ocean Breeze 16,700 BTU – installed 2005
- Dual Shore Power
- Many hard to find spare parts included!
- Recent Updates and Improvements:
- 2019, replaced Bow Pulpit wood with Plasteak, also side steps
- 2019, had Sansom post re-chromed
- 2018, Repainted side decks, front, and all around cockpit. Restored cockpit railing. Removed rubber gaskets under stanchions, (added Teflon washers underneath)
- 2018, new hot water tank
- 2018, new battery charger (Genius model)
- 2018, repacked shafts with Equalseal GFO
- 2018, rebuilt Starboard Distributer (have another spare fully rebuilt)
- 2017, repainted transom and swim platform
- 2017, Replaced windows, cleaned window tracks, repainted window tracks, new plastic stripping in tracks, window screens re-screened with aluminum screening
- 2017, rebuilt screen doors, (new rollers), new screening and repainted screen doors
- 2017, new fresh water pump
- 2016, new canvas and taff rail canvas
- 2016, new bridge chairs
- 2016, new head (electric Dometic full size) repainted head floor area
- 2015, new V-berth cushions
- 2013, replaced holding tank with plastic one, new waste hoses
- 2011, replaced steering cables
- 2010, all new upholstery & curtains in cabin
Contact Craig Purnell
I’m selling my 32′ Marinette Sedan. The interior has been custom remodeled.
Engines are twin Chrysler 318.
Newer rudders and stuffing box, bilge pump, domestic water pump, new impellers on both engines, fresh bottom paint plus more.
Boat has been kept in indoors heated winter storage.
Well maintained. Turn key boat.
Located in Sandusky, OH
Contact: Ray (216) 262-3500
Twin 360 Chryslers
Selling due to age and health issues.
Location: Eastlake, OH
Contact Richard Tarajcak – 440-729-7833
1500 Engine Hours
New Air Conditioning
Other New Features
Boat is located at Eagle Point Harbor, St Joseph, MI
Contact Francine Voreis 574-220-1188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, I have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Marinette Rendezvous. The bridge feels it is the socially responsible thing to do during these difficult times to keep everyone safe.
Anyone who already registered will have their check returned to them.
Clothing and Burgees are still available if anyone is interested. Please contact Nancy Plosker for Burgees or Julie Purnell for clothing/hats.
Great Lakes Marinette Club
1976 32’6” Marinette Fly Bridge with Twin 360’s. 12’ beam. 2’ draft, 110 gal fuel tank.Full Bridge enclosure; canvas on back deck less than 5 years old.360 twin Chrysler engines ; original wood bench in salon with side table.New head installed 2017. One bench and 3 upper station fold down seats with optional table.Original manuals; life vests, fenders, 2 extra props.Needs TLC, sold as is.Prospective owner responsible for future surveys; pullout; and, transport.
10,500 negotiable Reduced $6,000
Location: Lake Lanier, GA
Contact: Dick Boyd by email email@example.com
This 37’ Marinette sedan bridge has been totally redeveloped. Gutted to the hull and redesigned complete with island queen, spacious galley with apartment size refrigerator & freezer. Solid cherry wood throughout, 50 gallon polyurethane tanks (both pottable and black water) located midline in hull below floor. Bow bench removed and deck raised then re-welded to allow for headroom in stateroom. All new mechanicals including air conditioner and 10 gallon glass lined hot water heater. 400 amp house battery bank. New wiring throughout. Dual ELCI properly installed, battery switches properly located outside of engine room, hydraulic steering installed for ease of installing future autopilot. Rebuilt 6 kv generator and inverter, new Raritan Elegance toilet, custom shower stall with glass door. More interior volume in galley and stateroom created by boxing ribs and paneling between ribs. Floor hatches configured for easy access for all below deck mechanicals. Interior plumbing configured for easy winterizing. New anchor windless installed with remote control. Tinted glass windows. Dual 30 amp smart plug shore power receptacle and water intake & anchor wash-down relocated to bow. Rebuilt transmission and Chrysler 440’s. Original hull built in 1978. Totally rebuilt in 2016.
Asking $55,000 or Best Offer
Contact: Ed Kahout 231-633-0452 | firstname.lastname@example.org SOLD
Location: Traverse City, MI
This is a very well cared for 1979 37′ Marinette sedan with a 13’6″ beam that has traveled the Great Lakes.
• Chrysler 440 engines (330hp)
• Huge bridge
• Onboard generator
• Windless anchor
• Upper and lower helm stations
• Comes fully equipped
• Fully air conditioned
• Stand up shower
• NEWER interior flooring
• NEWER canvases
• Furniture and tv include along with many other extras
Boat is Located in Oregon, Ohio
Charlie @ 419-266-4847