Here’s an interesting site I stumbled across recently that documents a 1978 Marinette Restoration:
Looks like he put a lot of time into the boat. I’ll look more at his techniques later and maybe update this.
Anyway, the boat is for sale if anyone is interested. Looks like it still needs some work though.
Twin 318, raw water cooled.
Recent cabin refurbish.
Pressurized water system.
Great shape for age.
Located on Herrington Lake in central Kentucky.
Call Mark, 859-238-9776 SOLD
Don Kishmarton, a longtime Marinette owner, and Founder of the Great Lakes Marinette Club , recently passed away. A Memorial Service for him will take place at St. Basils Church 8700 Brecksville Rd. Brecksville OH 44142 on Monday November 19th, 2018 at 10am. A Reception will follow at the Family Life Center on St. Basils Campus.
Don was an avid boater and authority on Marinette boats. He will be sorely missed by family and friends.
Location: Chagrin River, Eastlake OH
1985 Sedan FB. It is has a pocket door in the front for the v-berth which I thought was started with the 1986 year of the 32 sedans. Twin 360 Chryslers V8’s that run great. Very roomy and economical to run.
Here is a list of updates that have been done in the last 4 years:
- New belts
- New alternators, one wire, 70 amp Arcos
- Professionally rebuilt starters
- New carpet
- New 1500 watt built in heater
- Rewired overhead control panel at lower station
- 4 New batteries
- New battery switches
- New Mastervolt battery charger
- New windlass with 300’ rode and 30# plow anchor
- New bimini
- 3 New bridge seats
- 2 New deck chairs
- Replaced Saloon couch
- Rebuilt King marine autopilot, Lower station
- Fresh curtains
- New Garmin Color GPS-Plotter-fishfinder and transducer at upper station
- New Garmin Color Fishfinder and transducer at lower station
- 2 New ship to shore radios
- New cap, rotor, and wires on both Chrysler 360
- 885 Hours on motors
- Fresh bottom paint
- New captains chair at lower station
- 4 New 5/8” 30’ dock lines
- New zinc anodes last year
- New Charles 30amp isolation transformer with front and back 30 amp double pole breakers (Super safe)
- New 110Vac mini-fridge. Have a new AC/DC mini-fridge but not installed.
- New fresh water pump
- Professionally rebuilt carbs
- Fresh filter and oil change
- New K&N chrome marine arrestor/air cleaners
- 16000 btu marine air
- 2 New 2000 gph bildgepumps
- New port and starboard running light fixtures with LED LIghts
- A external Lights replaced with LED’s
- New stern light fixture
- 2 x 3 dockbox on flybridge
- Professionally rebuilt distributors with new springs 2 New ignition modules
- 2 New remote oil filter kits, not installed yet
- New on demand water heater, not installed yet
- 2 New fiber fuel filters, not installed yet
- 2 new blowers
- 2 new fuel sending units
- New macerating head and inlet filter
- Fresh Eco Bottom Paint
- Aluminum water tank
- Plastic holding tank for the head
Thanks to members Tom and Melinda Zmina for the great shot of their 1988 28′ Express. Looks like they are having fun, Marinette style.
Makes me think that boating is just around the corner. I don’t know about you, but I am in countdown mode. Look to the site and for an email regarding the 2017 rendezvous to be sent out soon. If you know of any M owners that are not club members, please send me some contact information and I will get in touch with them. No sales pressure here, I think the club sells itself!
Safe travels and good luck with spring prep…Scott
Is it possible that it is Labor Day 2016 already? I sincerely Hope that the holiday finds you in good health and good spirits. As your new web administrator, this is my first post. I guess we have been a bit busy enjoying the weather, water and most importantly, our Marinette.
My goal, with Craig’s guidance, is to make this site a resource for all things Marinette. I, or more correctly, we collectively aspire to help you with your boat projects, your ideas, your frustrations and your triumphs. We are all here for the same reason, we are dedicated Marinette “metalheads”.
In the coming weeks, I hope to contact you via email for your input and request submission materials. I will be receiving some pamphlet scans from Ray Konko that I will be posting for your retro reading enjoyment,. Additionally, I will be adding resource materials to help you better enjoy your time on the water.
Remember, when you see another happy Marinette owner or enthusiast, direct them to this site and our club. Will post soon!
32 Marinette Fisherman
James W. Tighe II, Cleveland Plain Dealer
Jim was a longtime boater, and ardent supporter of organized boating organizations, including leadership roles in the Great Lakes Marinette Club. He will be sorely missed by friends and family.