Due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, I have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Marinette Rendezvous. The bridge feels it is the socially responsible thing to do during these difficult times to keep everyone safe.
Anyone who already registered will have their check returned to them.
Clothing and Burgees are still available if anyone is interested. Please contact Nancy Plosker for Burgees or Julie Purnell for clothing/hats.
Great Lakes Marinette Club
This year’s Marinette Rendezvous will be held June 26-28 at Sandusky Yacht Club, in Sandusky Ohio. Everyone is Welcome. Please watch this page as the event draws closer for more details.
Great Lakes Marinette Club
The 2019 Marinette Rendezvous
June 21, 22, & 23
Sandusky Yacht Club
FRIDAY June 21st 1:00-4:00 p.m. GLMC check in.
• 5:30 p.m. Dockside B.Y.O.B Cocktail party.
• Bring an appetizer to share
• 50/50 Raffle
*Dinner on your own, Sandusky Yacht Club or local venues.
SATURDAY June 22nd
• 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Hot Breakfast Buffet (new this year)
• 9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. Annual Business Meeting
• HOME PORT BASKETS – buy tickets and view baskets
(Create a basket representing your home port for the raffle)
• POKER RUN – 11:00AM-2:00PM – enjoy Downtown Sandusky restaurants and pubs (Optional or relax by the pool)
• Tech Talk – 2:00PM – 3:00PM (Optional) Meet at the patio by the pool and discuss engines, paint, or anything about your Marinette!
• Tour the Marinette Fleet 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• 6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. Cash Bar Cocktail party and Appetizers!!
• 7:00 p.m. Dinner Buffet provided by SYC and Home Port Basket raffle
SUNDAY June 23rd 8:00 a.m. -9:00 a.m. Join us for a continental breakfast before departing for our Home Ports.
**Please make your own DOCK reservations with SYC by JUNE 7TH!
**The non-refundable rendezvous fee is $45.00 for each person that attends payable to GLMC in ADVANCE. No later than June 12th!!
Printable Registration Forms
I hope you and your family had an enjoyable and safe Holidays. As we begin to prepare for the 2019 Boating Season, I wanted to let you know that the Marinette Rendezvous will be held on June 21-23 at Sandusky Yacht Club. We are returning to SYC for a 2nd year as everyone had such a great time last year! We are preparing some changes to the agenda and meals this year; there will be a HOT breakfast buffett on Saturday morning. There will also be live entertainment on Friday night at the Pavilion this year. There will be more details as the date draws closer.
Please mark your calendar and I hope to see you there!
Great Lakes Marinette Club
Dinner at SYC
We had a wonderful time at Sandusky Yacht Club!
- This was the 20th year anniversary of the Great Lakes Marinette Rendezvous. SYC was amazing! We had so many wonderful comments about how nice of a location this was. It was also nice for people to go and see what downtown Sandusky has to offer, since it is in walking distance from SYC.
- Ray Konko had printed out pictures for everyone to see of the first Great Lakes Marinette Rendezvous, which took place at Cedar Point Marina in 1998. They had pictures to share with everyone from 1998-2004 rendezvous. Thanks, Ray and P/P Karen for sharing!!!
- Boats were spread out a little due to dockage availability at the Yacht Club, bunched in groups of 2 and 3. This didn’t seem to bother anyone too much. It was much better than the alternative (rafting), and several people said so.
- Friday night cocktail party went well. We were allowed to use a small picnic area and there was a decent food spread.
- Saturday morning we had the breakfast and Business meeting inside the Yacht Club instead of outside at the pavilion due to the extreme heat. This worked well for both us and for SYC who handled the food set-up.
- Breakfast was a little thin. It was a continental with fruit and pastries. We elected to go that route in an attempt to keep costs down. After seeing it, I realized it was a mistake. There were several comments, all of which were 100% correct in that it could have been more to it. Next year we will have a more substantial breakfast with eggs, meat and potatoes.
- Meeting went well. Introduced Dave Dunn, Manager of SYC, and he welcomed everyone. Presented a club burgee to SYC to hang with their other burgees. Nancy delivered an excellent Treasurer’s report and Membership report. Next year, we should have handouts at the meeting for all to review at the time / Q&A etc. Meeting was over around 9:45 or so. Nice to get the business stuff out of the way and on to fun stuff the rest of the day. Several people commented to that effect as well.
- I thought splitting the basket raffle ticket selling / drawing up would be a problem but it didn’t seem to be. Thanks to Becky, Pat and Kathy for selling tickets.
- The land Poker Run was a hit in spite of the extreme heat. Most people participated. This gave everyone a chance to go downtown Sandusky for lunch and to have a drink or two. This also gave Julie and I a chance to go and pick up the cakes and do a couple of errands while it was going on.
- The Tech Talk was not as well advertised as it could have been. Still, there were about 15 people in attendance. Some people indicated they really enjoyed it. Good to split up the meeting and the Tech Talk. Those who weren’t interested in the Tech Talk generally went to the pool, a good idea on a hot day.
- Tour the fleet wasn’t as heavily attended as it used to be, but I suspect that was because it was so hot that day. Still, most boats were open and I visited as many as I could. We had many visitors to our boat.
- Cocktail party started at 6PM. Cash bar went well. The appetizers were a little thin and were well picked over by the end. Need to have more substantial appetizers next year.
- Dinner went well. Attendance for dinner was 63. We were a little cramped in the side room, but we made it work. The food was excellent, and everyone seemed to enjoy it.
- Having the cake table at the other end of the room as the cake serving area didn’t work well (minor logistical issue), but it sure was yummy!
- Baskets and 50/50 drawings went smoothly. Poker run winner was also announced. SYC was generous enough to provide the winner with dockage for 2 nights and Sunday brunch for 4 people!!!
- Clothing sales went well. The Paypal (credit card payments) went pretty well but it would be nice to process the transaction immediately. Need to look into Square next year or see if Paypal can do real time payments. Definitely need to expand the use of taking credit cards for all GLMC payments and dues etc.
- Breakfast Sunday was continental. Everyone seemed okay with a lighter breakfast on Sunday, according to the survey results.
- Normally people eat and run, but everyone took their time leaving that wonderful location!
- Boats in attendance:
- 41′ – 4
- 39′ – 2
- 37′ – 2
- 32′ – 8
- 28 – 3
- Total: 19
Thanks to Phil and Kathy Benco, Julie Purnell, Nancy Plosker, Leslie Tighe, Pat Colvin, and Becky Aumiller for their hard work to make this happen.
Also, thanks to our Sponsors, Sandusky Yacht Club, Lakeland Auto & Marine and Schrock’s Marina!
Great Lakes Marinette Club
There are two new picture galleries:
2018 Rendezvous Pictures
2018 Rendezvous at Sandusky Yacht Club
Historic Rendezvous Pictures
A collection of 1998-2004 Rendezvous pictures taken by Ray Konko (Thanks, Ray!)
Hello Fellow Marinette Owners and Friends,
It’s that time of the year again for another Rendezvous! It will be held on June 29th-July 1st. This year we will be hosted by Sandusky Yacht Club in Sandusky, Ohio. It is our 20th Anniversary this year!
In the late Summer of 1998, a group of Marinette owners met at Cedar Point Marina for an informal gathering. I don’t remember how many boats were attendance, perhaps 30 or so. At the first meeting, Don Kishmarton, George Dufreune, and a few key other people suggested we form a formal organization devoted to preserving the Marinette Aluminum boat heritage, and the fellowship that the owners felt towards their boats and other owners. The Great Lakes Marinette Club was formed shortly after that meeting. I was at the first meeting, though I don’t remember much of it. I am honored to still be a part of this organization as it celebrates 20 years.
Please join us for our annual Rendezvous this year and share some stories and pictures of our past…if you can’t make it, please feel free to post your stories or comments in the Comments below.
Great Lakes Marinette Club
Printable Flyers Below:
I am thrilled to announce that the Marinette Club will be holding it’s 2018 Rendezvous at Sandusky Yacht Club on June 29-July 1, 2018!!
Why SYC? It is probably in the top three nicest Yacht Clubs on Lake Erie. The facilities are spotless and it is two blocks from the newly revitalized downtown Sandusky with restaurants, bars and nightlife.
They have large banquet rooms and a nice bar overlooking Sandusky Bay. I have visited there many times and the food and hospitality are excellent. There is also a pool and outdoor tiki bar area in the back of the facility. We will have full access to the all of the club’s facilities during our stay.
We have had a good time at Seaway but some members were not happy with the docking arrangements (ie, the rafting). Leslie Tighe our Rendezvous chairperson and I sought out to come up with a different, better location. We met with SYC and were able to secure the above mentioned date for our event.
I hope to see you there!
Hello Fellow Marinette owners and enthusiasts,
Below please find this year’s Rendezvous information. There is lodging available on the island for those who would like to come in from out of state. Also, Everyone is Welcome! You do not have to be a member of the Marinette Club to attend. I hope to see you there.
Celebrate your inner child
Disney style at the….
The 2017 Marinette Rendezvous
Kelleys Island, Seaway Marina
Here is your “Disney” Weekend Itinerary….
FRIDAY June 23rd 1:00-4:00 p.m. GLMC check in under pavilion
- 5:30 p.m. Mickey and Minnie Welcome you– Cocktail Party;Appetizers provided, by Kelleys Island Brewery
***—Dinner on your own. Many local venues.
SATURDAY June 24th Starting around 11:30 a.m.
- Light lunch—- Bring a light lunch appetizer to share!
- Annual meeting
- 50/50 raffle
- Home Port Basket raffle—make a basket showcasing your home port! Be creative!
- 2:30– 4:30 Tour the Fleet or Tour the Island
- 5:00 – Goofy, Pluto, Chip n Dale invite you to a COCKTAIL PARTY
- 6:30– Dinner will be served, catered by Kelleys Island Brewery.
**Lemon Pepper chicken, Pulled Pork w/BBQ sauce, Scalloped potatoes,Green bean medley, Fresh Garden Salad w/ 2 dressings, rolls and butter
SUNDAY June 25th
- 9:00 a.m. Join all your “Disney friends” for a delicious catered breakfast under the pavilion before departing for our Home Ports. **Fancy scrambled eggs with fresh veggies, French toast w/butter and syrup, Fresh fruit bowl, coffee and juice.
*The non refundable rendezvous fee is $45.00 for each person that attends payable to GLMC in ADVANCE.
No later than June 15th!!!
Please contact Leslie Tighe with questions 440.213.6039
Printable Registration Form Printable Event Flyer
Our 1st ever Rendezvous at Seaway Marina on Kelley’s Island was a resounding success! We had 15 boats and over 40 people attending the event.
Here’s the attendance breakdown by boat:
2 – 28′
5 – 32′
4 – 37′
1 – 39′
2 – 41′
1 – 26′ Sailboat
In addition , we had 6 new members sign up for the club. Welcome!
Here are the pictures from the event:
See you next year!